- High School Requirement
- English Language Requirement
- Portfolio of creative work
- Interview/Personal Statement
- Transfer Students
High School Requirement
|Curriculum||Qualification||Minimum Score Required|
|UAE/GCC Curriculum||General Secondary School Certificate||60%|
|Indian Curriculum||Indian School Certificate awarded by ICSE or CBSE||60%|
|British||At least 7 GCE/GCSE/IGCSE subjects
A combination of GCSE (O level) and AS/A levels is
acceptable provided that the subjects cover at least four
of the following fields:
– Humanities and Social Sciences
– Arts and Design
Students must complete a minimum 11 years of
schooling and a School Leaving Certificate must be
|The minimum grade for each level is:
C for the O level
D for the AS level
E for the A level
|American Curriculum||American High School Diploma providing grade 10, 11
and 12 Mark Sheets
of Grade “C-”
(65% or 2.0/4.0)
|IB||International Baccalaureate Diploma||(24 Points)|
Notes: Students with qualifications other than those listed above are advised to contact the student recruitment and admissions representatives at CFD to determine their eligibility, or you may visit the World Education Services webpage and find the equivalency for your country’s grade to make sure it represents atleast a “C” in the US grading system.
English Language Requirement
|IELTS (Academic)||5.0 overall|
|Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)||61|
|Institutional paper-based TOEFL (PBT)||500|
Portfolio of creative work
A student’s portfolio should demonstrate their creative development and inspiration as well as their hard work and commitment. The portfolio demonstrates a range of skills and technical abilities to develop, design and progress to finished creations. The portfolio is a way to better understand a student’s level and personal preferences
The personal statement and interview are ways that we use to learn more about each of our potential students. The CFD programs cater to a creative and enquiring individual. Personal interests, motivation, creativity and initiative in developing an awareness of fashion, art and design are the characteristics that we look for in prospective students.
The portfolio is a way to better understand a student’s level and personal preferences
- Attestation of Documents and Equivalency Letter
- Applicants who hold certificates from the UAE
- Applicants who hold certificates from outside the UAE
Attestation of Documents and Equivalency Letter
All applicants for admission are required to obtain an Equivalency Certificate for their secondary school leaving qualifications from the Ministry of Education – UAE. The attestation/ratification process is dependent upon whether you completed your secondary schooling within the UAE or outside the UAE.
Applicants who hold certificates from the UAE
All applicants who have completed schooling within the UAE and who hold certificates other than the UAE General Secondary School Certificate are required to get their certificates attested/ratified by the educational authority in the city where they did their final year of studies. For example, if you did your final year in Dubai, you are advised to go to the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) to obtain the required attestations. If you did your final year in Sharjah, you are advised to go to Sharjah Education Zone, etc.
Applicants who hold certificates from outside the UAE
Applicants who obtained their secondary school certificates outside the UAE are required to ratify/attest their certificates for all secondary school levels/grades (e.g. grade 10, 11 and 12) and provide an Equivalency Certificate from the following:
- Financial Aid
|Payable by all Students||Schedule||AED|
|Tuition Fee||Semester||39,375 AED|
A limited number of scholarships is available to newly admitted students, based on the following criteria:
- High School Certificate grades 80-85% – 15% scholarship of 1st semester tuition fee
- High School Certificate grades 86-90% – 20% scholarship of 1st semester tuition fee
- High School Certificate grades 91-100% – 25% scholarship of 1st semester tuition fee.
This amount will be adjusted against the first semester tuition fee, and may be extended subject to maintaining high academic standing, GPA of 3.6 and above, with no disciplinary measures.
Creativity Scholarship :
Students meeting the below criteria are eligible for a Creativity Scholarship of up to 20% of tuition fees.
- Students with exceptional creativity and other abilities required for the program.
- Students with proven records of exceptional achievements, outstanding personal qualities and leadership abilities in school and / or community.
Available for students with limited financial resources as determined by CFD. Financial aid may be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Student who have high potential but with limited resources.
Required documents for financial aid scholarship applications may include:
- Passport copies of all family members.
- Tenancy contract with electricity and water bills.
- Sponsor’s salary certificate.
- Sponsor’s bank statement.
- Other tuition bills.
- Medical certificates, if any.
- Sponsor’s death certificate, if any.
- Supporting authenticated documents, varying in nature depending on the case.
Maintaining financial aid scholarship requires:
- This amount will be adjusted against the first semester tuition fee, and may be extended subject to maintaining high academic standing, reassessing financial need, and with no disciplinary measures.