Advising & Guidance
Its’ not uncommon in college to encounter some difficulties. CFD is happy to identify and assign a Faculty Advisor for students who need extra guidance and advice.
You may seek advice on any of the following:
- Registration procedures
- Academic rules & regulations
- Semester by semester course requirements and your academic progress
- Examination rules & regulations
The Academic Advisor will be an invaluable resource as students navigate academic demands and overall student experience.
- Learning &
Personalized counseling will be available to all students on a drop in and appointment basis. The Student Affairs Department will assist students in their emotional, inter-personal, intellectual and professional growth while at CFD.
Students can seek counseling for the following (for example):
- Personal concerns and issues relating to adjusting to college life
- Issues or concerns around living arrangements, roommates etc.
- Career pathways planning and exploration
- Learning and academic challenges
Students will also be offered Student Success Seminars to enhance and support academic success.
Students may also be referred by a member of the faculty or staff for counseling when academic difficulties appear to be related to personal issues.
Academic Enrichment services will be provided to meet the needs of students academic and personal growth.
Student will be able to access the following:
- Exam-Preparation advise
- Study and Test-Strategies
- Time Management tips
The Academic Enrichment services will help you achieve success the following sessions will be offered:
- Test Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Student Leadership
The goal of this program is to offer a broad range of interventions that may be useful to students who may be on academic probation or to those who wish to improve their academic performance. At CFD, we are committed to being of ample support in different ways. Once the areas in which a student needs help is identified, a counselor will aid them in creating an individualized program that they can use to improve their academic performance.
The ways in which this can be done is through:
- Making study and learning strategies specific to the situation/individual.
- Individual Counseling and one-on-one sessions.
Career support services will be provided to educate, prepare and assist students as they pursue career development & job search process, and will be available throughout the year.
This department will establish industry relations, industry advisory board and serve as a place for employers to advertise job openings and for students to access this information.
The options and events through which this will happen are:
- One to one career coaching/counseling
- Career Development Inventories and Assessments
- Preparing for the world of work
- Group seminars on career and work readiness topics
- Industry/Internship Connectivity